maandag 28 maart 2016

Yasmine Galenorn - Darkness Raging

Book 18 in the Otherworld / Sisters of the Moon series, published February 2, 2016.
Genre: urban fantasy
Cover: good

Darkness Raging photo 51LFM01l3fL.SX316_zpsnki4mqza.jpg

We're the D'Artigo sisters: savvy half-humans, half-Fae ex-operatives for the Otherworld Intelligence Agency. My sister Camille is a wicked-good witch. Delilah is a two-faced werecat and a Death Maiden. And me? I'm Menolly, a vampire married to a gorgeous werepuma. As the war in OtherWorld arrives, Blood Wyne, Queen of the Vampires, summons me. Apparently, my position as Roman's consort entails more than I imagined …
As the Demon Lord Shadow Wing creates his own sinister version of the Keraastar Knights - the guardians of the spirit seals - to destroy the portals and free himself from the Sub Realms, his ally, the necromancer Telazhar, leads an assault from Otherworld into the streets of Seattle. And my sisters and I are caught dead center.
Then, on the eve of war, my wife Nerissa is captured. The enemy demands we surrender the rest of the spirit seals, or they are going to kill her. I will do anything to save her. Even if it means leading an army of vampires into the very depths of the Subterranean Realms…


I loved this book a lot! Perhaps because her publisher has pulled the plug on this series has made the storyline run faster again, and I loved it. And although Yasmine was prepared to go the self publishing road with this series, I am very happy that another publisher has stepped in. I do hope they will continue the look of this series, especially the spine, as it looks gorgeous on my shelves.

As stated, a good series, lot of action and progress on the story arc that started in book one. And in their personal lives lots of upheaval as well. I can't wait to find out what happens next, especially with Camille. They dealt a few huge blows to Shadow Wing and allies are now fighting alongside them, and that makes a big difference. Love it.

10 stars.



Autobuy authorLove this book

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2016 Reviews by Aurian

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Reacties
    1. The end is in sight I understand. Although I really love this series, it is about time.

      Verwijderen
  2. Wow! Sounds great. I hate it when publishers do that to a great series. Glad she got another publisher. I so need to start this series. 18! I so need to start now. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. The premise of this series sounds good, but others a pulling stronger.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. They are all in first person Maia, each book a different sister is telling it.

      Verwijderen