dinsdag 15 december 2015

Recommendations from Peggy for December 2015.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have read in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Peggy from Belgium.

Peggy:

I have read 6 novels in the past month, and the 3 books I enjoyed the most are:

1. The game plan – Kristen Callihan

 photo 51PunJ04kgL.SX316_zpsr6xxs1mt.jpg

2. The golden dynasty – Kristen Ashley

 photo 41jx8jNOinL.SX316_zpspaqggvlb.jpg

3. Friend-zoned – Belle Aurora

 photo 41OB6wsDLNL.SX316_zps3h2psnoo.jpg


My last recommendation for this year. 2015 has been a wonderful year wherein I discovered some new, fantastic writers and where I read some great books.

After enjoying ‘The friend zone’ so much, I couldn’t wait to read the next book in this series from Kristen Callihan. ‘The game plan’ was just as great (if not greater than) than ‘The Friend zone’.
This story is about Ethan Dexter (a friend from Drew and Gray) and Fiona Mackenzie (Ivy’s sister). We met both in the second book ‘The friend zone’. Everyone is graduated now and the ‘big’ life has started for the guys and they’re in NFL now. Ethan is living his dream, he’s a NFL center and everything is going great but the pad he choose is also a little bit lonely sometimes. Ethan would love to share his life with someone special, to have a relationship but the only woman who interest him, doesn’t know that he’s alive.

Ethan (or Dex like his friends call him) is one of her brother-in-law’s best friends, so Fiona has seen him around a few times in the past years, but that’s all. She never thought of him in any special way, one of the reasons for that was the fact that he’s a football player and Fi doesn’t date sportsmen. And she never made an exception to that rule. But after one hot meeting with Ethan that involved a dare, a beard and a hot kiss, Fi isn’t so sure any more about that rule.
And the same goes for Ethan!! He didn’t know that one kiss could change his whole life but that happened when he kissed Fi. Because Ethan knows from that one kiss that one taste will never be enough. Now he has to show Fi that they’re perfect together. That no matter the distance, the fact that they live different lives or their fears, they are just perfect for each other.
And everything is going great but then something happens and Ethan realizes that he can’t protect Fi against everything and everyone. Sometimes things happen that you can’t control and they hurt the people that you love. The only thing that you then can do is to be there for them and catch them if they fall.

Just like Gray in ‘The friend zone’ I just fell in love with Ethan in this story. I especially adore the friendship, the connection and the honesty between Ethan and Fi. It’s lovely to read about a relationship where there are no lies or dishonesty. Where two people trust each other with their minds and their hearts. That’s why this series is one of my favourite series.

Another book that I also really enjoyed this month was ‘The golden dynasty’ from Kristen Ashley, although I’m a big fan from this writer, I must confess that this series (Fantasyland) didn’t appeal to me. But after reading many of her books I decided to give this series a try and because I was a little intrigued by the second book (The golden dynasty) I decide to read this book first. I didn’t know what to expect but I just fell in love with this fantasy story. And after reading ‘The golden dynasty’, I can’t wait to read the rest of the series!! Like I said before, I haven’t read the first book in this series yet but that wasn’t a problem for reading this book.

That’s it from me. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! I hope the new year will be filled with love, friendship, laughter and of course, with many fantastic books to read.

Until next year!

 photo Peggy 4_zpsc7itlsls.jpg

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Peggy! As always, you made me look at books I would not pick up otherwise. I especially like the third one, as I have a special liking for Australian authors.




© 2015 Reviews by Aurian



9 opmerkingen: