vrijdag 11 september 2015

Anthology: The Real Werewives of Vampire County

An omnibus of novels by Tami Dane, Angie Fox, Jess Haines and Alexandra Ivy, published November 1, 2011.
Genre: paranormal romance / urban fantasy
Cover: I prefer my cover over the new generic one.

 photo 51m2ByHDBllL.SX316_zps0mhakzbc.jpg
 photo cover_zps2suvm88t.jpg
Drama. Scandal. Secrets. And a whole lot of supernatural goings-on.

I'm Pureblood Were, And Proud Of It. . .
"Where Darkness Lives" by Alexandra Ivy


No one's more surprised than Sophia when she's struck by an unfamiliar maternal urge to move near her daughters. But instead of being greeted by a welcome committee, she's targeted by kidnappers. . .and saddled with a gorgeous bodyguard on a mission to protect - and seduce. . .

This had all the promise of a great story, with a very strong heroine and a nice mystery, but the lusting and love scenes brought it down for me.
Still, I want to read more of her work.

I'm A Tomboy At Heart, But I Want A Man Who Makes Me Feel Like A Real Woman. . .
"Murder on Mysteria Lane" by Angie Fox


When a werewolf trophy wife is found dead in Vampire County, Heather McPhee goes undercover to investigate. Heather's never been a mascara-and-manicures sort of girl, but she's willing to learn. Especially with sexy vampire detective Lucien Mead posing as her husband. . .

I have read more Mysteria Lane short stories by Angie Fox, and I do want more. The one was very entertaining and I liked both main characters. With Heather being a psychic it gave even more paranormal to the story then just werewolves and vampires.
I liked this story best.

Who's Afraid Of The Big, Bad Werewolves? Not Me, That's For Sure. . .
"What's Yours is Mine" by Jess Haines


Still Waters is like many other exclusive gated communities - except that it's home to one of the largest werewolf packs in the state. But Tiffany Winters isn't frightened of her big, bad new neighbors. In fact, she intends to take her place among the pack. . .

This was a fun story, rich, beautiful socialites hunting other rich, beautiful socialites to become new pack members.

This Is A Town Full Of Secrets. And I Intend To Uncover All Of Them...
"Werewolves in Chic Clothing" by Tami Dane


Ever since Christine Price moved in with her fiancé, Jonathan, and his twelve year-old son, she's worked hard to fit in with a cadre of local women whose lives seem picture-perfect. Except no one in Jon's upscale neighborhood is quite who they appear to be. Least of all Jon. . .

I really did not like this one, at all. And as it was the second story in the book, it cause me to put the book away for weeks before trying the next story. The only fun part was the last sentence.


All in all, I am disappointed with this book, I expected more, different from the title and the authors contributing.

7 stars.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

© 2015 Reviews by Aurian

4 opmerkingen: