zaterdag 6 juni 2015

Recommendations from Freya for June 2015 2015.

In order to bring some more variety to my blog, I have asked some of my bookish friends to tell about the books they have in the past month, and to give us a recommendation. Today’s post is made by Freya from Holland.

Freya:

This month I’ve read several books. A lovely funny book (Connie Brockway – No place for a dame), and several hot sexy books. I was in the mood for some hot romance and I came across the Cops and Cowboys anthology written by Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker. After I read and enjoyed it, I read both shorts stories that are connected to these. Good Girls don’t by Shiloh Walker and Cowboy and the thief by Lora Leigh.
Of the two writers I liked Lora Leigh the best, so the next book was Forbidden Pleasure, a full length novel. And this is the book I want to recommend.

Lora Leigh – Forbidden Pleasure

 photo n219499_zpszabmuqhp.jpg

The Club. Located just outside Washington, D.C., only its members know where men go if they want to indulge the desire to share their women with a selected male partner. John 'Mac' McCoy resigned his membership from The Club when he married Keiley Hardin. Tempting and innocent, sweet and sexy, she would never accept Mac's desire to share her with another man. However, Mac's fantasies of sharing his wife haunt his dreams. And his passions. Unable to wait any longer to draw his best friend Jethro Riggs into his marriage, Mac invites Jethro to their home with the intention of drawing Keiley into the pleasures that can only be achieved when sharing two men who love the same woman. But there's more going on in Mac's neck of the woods than a little additional pleasure. A past case, a stalker that likes to play games. Soon his wife becomes embroiled in something more dangerous than they could ever have imagined, as forbidden pleasure becomes an addiction none of them can escape.


Forbidden Pleasure is officially the eight book in the Bound Hearts series, but can very easily be read as a stand alone. It is a ménage (MFM) book, something not to everybody’s taste, but a favourite romantica trope of mine. And I have to say, this is one of the best ménage books I’ve ever read. The whole theme is handled realistically, with all the emotions, doubts and love that accompany such a way of life.
It’s the story of John “Mac” McCoy and Keiley Hardin and Jethro Briggs. Mac and Keiley are married in the first chapter of the book, which to Mac means he will give op the ménage lifestyle, because he thinks Kei can’t handle it. But after three years marriage he believes she’s ready and invites Jethro to the ranch…
What follows is an journey for Kei to accept and embrace a marriage in which she can love two men. Mac is somewhat manipulative in bringing them together, but he believes Kei will love Jethro, and heal him emotionally, just as she did with him. I loved the way this was written.
Kei’s youth was marred by a scandal when her father embezzled money she was ostracized by the town. She’s extremely sensitive to gossip. Lora beautifully shows how she overcame this and became a strong member of the community, with friends who stood by her and two men who loved and protected her.
There is a subplot of stalker thrown in, that didn’t interest me very much. It is used to create some extra tension but it feels tacked on, appears and disappears irregularly. The story could have done without.
So overall, if you like your romance very hot, this is a book for you. I’ll be looking for other books by Lora Leigh, as I’ve also read several Breed-series books and loved them too.

Lastly I want to mention that I read a book by Shannon McKenna – Fatal Strike, this month. This was a book she read to us at the LLC. I was so lucky to be given the book the last day of the convention. I’ll be doing a review soon.

Freya photo Freya 2_zpseia5fuhr.jpg

Aurian: Thanks for the recommendation Freya! You know erotica is not really my thing, but I know most of my readers do enjoy it. Has any of you read this book or this author? Perhaps the Breed series?




© 2015 Reviews by Aurian



8 opmerkingen:

  1. I am sure I have read a leigh novella somewhere along the road

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I haven't read this series yet, I have read other series from Lora Leigh. Especially the breeds series! I liked them. Her books have a lot of erotica in them.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Yes, a bit too much for me Peggy.

      Verwijderen
    2. Yeah, they do. But I like to read several different heat levels, depending on my mood.

      Verwijderen
  3. I really like Lora Leigh. She has some great mainstream romances. The one I tried from that series wasn't quite my thing but plan on trying them again one day :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. This was the first of this series I've read. They are very loosely related. I'll try another one someday.

      Verwijderen