vrijdag 16 augustus 2013

One question for Gini Koch.

As you perhaps already know, I am a big fan of Gini Koch’s Alien series, a great science fiction romance series. But she also writes short and long stories under a lot of different pennames like Anita Ensal, Jemma Chase, J.C. Koch, G.J. Koch, and A.E. Stanton. And especially the short stories make me as a reader think: what if?

I am very much looking forward to reading the next Alien book, which will be published in December, Alien Research, but I am hoping for some information about the Necropolis Enforcement Files, and perhaps the next Alexander Outland, Space Pirate, book, which is written under G.J. Koch. The story The Happy Acres Haunted Hotel for Active Seniors sure took me by surprise.


Alien Research, the eighth book in the Katherine 'Kitty' Katt series, to be published December 3, 2013. I could not yet find a picture of the cover, but I did copy the blurb from fantasticfiction:

When rumors of a new super-drug surface, the FBI comes to Jeff and Kitty Katt-Martini for help. It becomes quickly apparent that the drug is merely the tip of a deadly iceberg and a much more insidious plan is underway involving Titan Security, Gaultier Enterprises, and YatesCorp.
As newly discovered A-Cs and hybrids begin to surface, each with expanded and deadly talents, more and more signs point to a new evil genius who's using the A-Cs and their enemies both as guinea pigs. Then Area 51 and the Dulce Science Center go silent while Alpha Team, Airborne, and most of the worldwide A-C Security team are there for training. And if that's not bad enough, Centaurion Division is hit with more bad, and deadly, news: Chernobog the Ultimate, isn't a hacker myth, he's a real person -- and he's on the bad guys' side.
Now Kitty and company must find the real Dr. Feelgood and stop him or her before the latest version of Surcenthumain hits the streets and more people they love are harmed, or worse. But when the inconceivable happens, Kitty's focused on two things only: reviving the ACE entity before their enemies realize Earth's best protection isn't actually active…and revenge.


Gini keeps her readers nicely updated on what is happening in her world with weekly newsletters, and on her blog but I would like her to tell us herself what she is planning and plotting for the future.

Aurian: Hi Gini, can you please tell me and my readers what your plans are? How many books and short stories have you planned and are you plotting in all the pennames you write under? I would love to know what to expect from you and look forward to in the coming years.

Gini: Hey Aurian, always nice to be here! As for what’s coming…well…a lot. LOL

As you know, because you’re on my Hook Me Up! subscribers list, DAW Books just contracted for Books 12 & 13 in the Alien series. So, after Alien Research in December, we have Alien Collective coming May ‘14, Universal Alien coming Dec. ‘14, Alien Separation coming May ‘15, Alien in Chief coming Dec. ‘15, and Camp Alien coming May ‘16. So that series is running for the next several years at least, which makes me very happy. And yes, for those who might wonder, I have more story ideas past Book 13 for Kitty and Company.

As for the next book in the Necropolis Enforcement Files after the first, The Night Beat, I’m working on Night Music, but I’m behind. I got backed up with both Alien in the House and Alien Research taking me longer than I’d planned for, and that impacted Night Music. However, it IS coming (soon, I swear!) and I plan at least five more in that series as well.

The Alexander Outland series was affected by the near-bankruptcy of Night Shade Books. That situation has been resolved, but my agent and I are still waiting to see whether or not the new publisher will continue the series or whether I’ll be able to take it and self-publish the rest. I have Alexander Outland: Space Avenger started, and Alexander Outland: Galactic Gigolo already planned, so hopefully we’ll know what’s going on in the near future.

Steampunk Octopus photo SteamPunk_Octopus_by_raybender_zpsc56b5d88.png

As for shorter works, I’m excited to be in a new Kickstarter anthology from new small press Zombies Need Brains. The anthology is Clockwork Universe: Steampunk vs. Aliens (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/543968884/clockwork-universe-steampunk-vs-aliens-anthology) and it’s open for funding through August 16, so there’s still time to be a part of it. We’re heading for stretch goals right now, one of which is that when we hit $13K in funding, every backer will get an e-copy of my novella, A Cup of Joe, written as Anita Ensal. (So hurry and join in today!) This anthology will also feature my first Alien series short, so I’m quite excited about that. And yes, you’ll be able to buy it, in ebook or mass market formats, once it’s published. Expected release date is in May 2014, so right about the time Alien Collective will be coming out.

I’m also going to be in another Kickstarter anthology -- this one writing as J.C. Koch, because J.C. writes horror -- Kaiju Rising. Funding hasn’t begun for this yet, but definitely keep your eyes peeled because it’s going to be starting soon.

Also as J.C. Koch, I’ll be in a couple of really exciting Lovecraftian anthologies. My short story, “The Outsiders” will be in A Dark Phanstastique, which will be out in October of this year, and my short “Little Lady” will be in The Madness of Cthulu, Vol. 2 which will be out in the first half of 2014.

I’m also finalizing my first humor collection, The Funny Girl, which I also expect to be out this year sometime. And there’s always something new on the horizon because, apparently, I don’t like sleep and love stress. LOL

My current bibliography is up at my website (http://www.ginikoch.com/bibliography.htm) and I’m trying to keep it updated with upcoming works as well, so everyone can see what’s coming down the road.

That’s all the writing at this moment. But I’ll also be making a variety of public appearances as well, most notably at DarkCon 2014 in Phoenix, AZ in January as the Local Author Guest of Honor, Coastal Magic in Daytona Beach, FL, in February, Phoenix Comicon in Phoenix, AZ in June, and San Diego Comic-Con in San Diego, CA in July. There are other big and little cons I’ll be at as well that will get announced as details are confirmed. My public appearance schedule can be most easily found at the Datebook (http://www.ginikoch.com/datebook.htm) page of my website.

Amazingly enough, I think that’s it! But, check back soon because I’m sure there’ll be more…there always is. :-D

Aurian: Thanks Gini! I am very glad you will be keeping me in books for a long time to come. The only ones not for me, are the horror stories, but I am certain you will find new fans through those as well.


If you want to know more about Gini Koch and her books, you can find her here:
Twitter: @GiniKoch
Website: Website
Blog: Blog
Facebook: Facebook
Facebook Fan Page, Hairspray and Rock ‘n’ Roll: Here
Official Fan Site, Alien Collective Virtual HQ: Alien Collective


 photo n336866_zpse0ee500f.jpg  photo n354167_zps6de33ff7.jpg  photo n362959_zps8d46daaf.jpg  photo n381486_zpsbac7619e.jpg  photo n387350_zps834ee0cb.jpg  photo n398591_zpse001318a.jpg  photo n408961_zps277b6436.jpg  photo h26912_zps5995d8be.jpg  photo n413504_zps72172671.jpg  photo n405079_zps446047b0.jpg  photo n439767_zpsf8213cdc.jpg  photo n398633_zps943624e4.jpg

© 2013 Aurian and Gini Koch



8 opmerkingen:

  1. That was a great question! Gave us a great list and what to look forward to!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow! What a great question. Love that she is using kickstarter. :D

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Steampunk and Alien..yes please. Wonderful interview Aurian!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm in love with the Aliens books, I can't wait to read more in the series.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Lots of "Alien" books to look forward to. Yay!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Thanks for the info, Aurian and Gini! Good to know there's lots more Alien in our future. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thanks for stopping by ladies! I hope we will all enjoy the many books she has in store for us.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen