zaterdag 16 juni 2012

Thea Harrison – Devil’s Gate

Novella 4,5 in the Elder Races series, published as ebook in 2012.
Genre: paranormal romance / urban fantasy

Devil's Gate

When it comes to love between a medusa and a Vampyre, it’s every man, woman, and snake for themselves.
A Novella of the Elder Races
As a coroner, medusa Seremela Telemar has always felt more comfortable chatting over a dead body than over drinks. But when her wild niece, Vetta, runs off to Devil’s Gate, a lawless town that has sprung up overnight in a modern-day gold rush, she knows she has to extricate her before the rebellious girl gets into real trouble. Though she’s confident in her head snakes’ ability to defend her against attackers, Seremela is still a bit nervous about braving this modern-day Wild West by herself.
Vampyre Duncan Turner is not about to let his new co-worker go into that chaos alone. His Vampyric power and lawyer smarts make him the perfect ally, and the fact that he already had his eye on Seremela for more…personal reasons, doesn’t hurt matters. Any romantic thoughts pull up short, however, when they arrive at Devil’s Gate and learn Vetta is set to hang by morning.
In order to save Vetta and themselves, Seremela and Duncan are going to have to fight fire with force and magic with fangs. And pray they make it out of Devil’s Gate alive.


Okay, this blurb covers most of the story. Let me just tell you, I loved it, and I could have read a few hundred pages more about a Medusa and a Vampyre. Of course, I have a phobia against snakes, and I really really don’t ever want to see one in real life. But in this novella, I did not really mind them that much. I think that was because Duncan liked them, and he thought it funny they flirted with him, and touched him. Me? I would have ran away as fast as I could, screaming, or just fainting dead.

Hero: Duncan, a 200 year old Vampyre Lawyer, working for Caring and Rune
Heroine: Seremela, an olmost 400 year old Medusa, shy and also working for Caring and Rune
Secondary characters: Vetta, Caring and Rune and some bad guys
Romance: sweet
Plot: good, and surprising, but perhaps a bit easy
Heat-level: nice, and growing throughout the story
Writingstyle: I absolutely love it
Summary: a neat little novella, I enjoyed it very much and read it in record time

I really do recommend this series to all paranormal romance lovers. In my opinion, it gets better with every book / novella, and I am so looking forward to the next one.

9,5 stars.



© 2012 Reviews by Aurian


Autobuy author Love this book

Buy The Book Now at The Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

4 opmerkingen:

  1. I want Devil's Gate!!! I love Thea Harrison and this novella sounds absolutely fantastic. I stood face to face with someone's king pythons last weekend. She asked if I wanted to hold them. Pet them as long as someone else is holding them, ok, but hold them? Ehm, nope. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. You are kidding me! You did that? I have a severe phobia about snakes, if I would have seen them, I have no idea what I would have done. Fainted dead, or ran away as fast as I could. But touching them? No way!
      O, and the novella sure is worth your money and time! Though it is a short one!

      Verwijderen
  2. Honestly what's up with all the hottie covers ;) I like them a lot!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I have this on my Kobo waiting for me. I have no idea when I'll read it but your review has made me want to read it very soon! Thanks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen